Bug #3237

Compression headers in hosts/services xml and in graphs png

Added by Giancarlo Bisso about 2 years ago. Updated almost 2 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:04/13/2012
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Maximilien Bersoult% Done:

100%

Category:Centreon
Target version:Centreon 2.3.9
Resolution:fixed

Description

After i upgraded to 2.3.4, my web gui didn't show hosts and services list and graphs.
I tried some solutions to similar problems i found in the bugs list and forum but they didn't solve the issue.
So i had a look to the php sources and i found in these files centreonGraph.class.php and centreonXMLBGRequest.class.php this piece of code:

if (headers_sent()){
                $encoding = false;
} else if (strpos($HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING, 'x-gzip') !== false){
                $encoding = 'x-gzip';
} else if (strpos($HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING,'gzip') !== false){
                $encoding = 'gzip';
} else {
                $encoding = false;
}

in both scripts that causes an Content-encoding: gzip was add in the response to the ajax calls (cause in the request headers it puts Accept-Encoding:gzip,deflate,sdch) even if the script didn't compress the body it sent.
So the javascript received data it couldn't handle (firebug said it got 0 byte data even if in apache logfile i saw the server sent a not null response) and it failed to render the web pages.
I tried to enable the zlib compression in php.in but it solved only the hosts/services issue not the graphics one.
Than i hacked the source code commenting all the if block forcing $encoding to false and that solved my gui problems.

Server OS: Debian lenny
php: 5.2.6
apache: 2.2.9
Tested browsers:
  • Google chrome 18.0.1025.151 on macOS X 10.7.3
  • Mozilla firefox 11.0 on macOS X 10.7.3
  • Internet Explorer 9 on windows server 2008 R2

History

#1 Updated by Julien Mathis about 2 years ago

  • Category set to Centreon
  • Assignee set to Maximilien Bersoult
  • Target version set to Centreon 2.3.7

#2 Updated by Julien Mathis about 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Centreon 2.3.7 to Centreon 2.3.8

#3 Updated by Sylvestre Ho almost 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Centreon 2.3.8 to Centreon 2.3.9

#4 Updated by Maximilien Bersoult almost 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Fix problem with bad compress/gzip header in r13091; r13092

Also available in: Atom PDF